Select Page
Notifications
Clear all

SMS Messaging as a Marketing tool

Page 1 / 2
(@Anonymous)

Has anyone ever tried SMS texting to pull more customers to their establishment, or keep the regulars coming back? Pros? Cons? Just curious.

Mac

Topic starter Posted : 16/02/2011 6:02 pm
(@Anonymous)

Re: SMS Messaging as a Marketing tool

Before you start spending your hard earned money in ads, you ought to think about a new way of attracting new customers, and bringing back your existing ones, using the one thing they always have with them – their cell phones. And the new way to communicate with customers is to use SMS/Text Messages.

If your business has not yet begun to use SMS marketing, you are probably giving away quite a bit of business to your competitors who do use it.

Ads in newspapers, magazines and coupon paks like Valpak are not only costly but, for the most part, a waste of money. Email ads rarely work anymore because of the abundance of spam, not to mention spam blockers. Text messages, however, are opened almost 100% of the time, and most of them within the first few minutes! So, if you are not using SMS to promote your business, you are not getting your information (offers, discounts, etc.) in front of your customers.

Offer incentives and discounts for the consumers who opt-in to your business SMS. Promote your SMS program on your social websites, in your business with signs and placards, on your website, etc.

Think about how powerful would it be to send out text incentives to your customers to tell them about your extra discounts and the perks they will get. You could literally drive more traffic to your business. Most of our customers are seeing over 400% ROI on their SMS marketing investment.

Interested?

Contact me.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/02/2011 7:39 pm
(@Anonymous)

Definitely a very effective way to reach your customers. Managing the database of phone numbers would be the biggest challenge as you would need to include the option to "stop" these communications if the recipient wishes to do so. There are still a lot of cell phone customers that pay for each Text Message, both sent and received.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2011 7:15 pm
(@Anonymous)

With our company, the control is in the person receiving the text. They sign up to receive them and they can have them stopped at any time. So the receiver is in control. It is different than many spam programs where the message is sent out to just anyone with a number and the receiver is not in control.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/02/2011 7:23 pm
(@Anonymous)

Ads in newspapers, magazines and coupon paks like Valpak are not only costly but, for the most part, a waste of money. Email ads rarely work anymore because of the abundance of spam, not to mention spam blockers. Text messages, however, are opened almost 100% of the time, and most of them within the first few minutes! So, if you are not using SMS to promote your business, you are not getting your information (offers, discounts, etc.) in front of your customers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2011 8:25 am
(@Anonymous)

Definitely interesting to use.
It's like an almost 100% guarantee that receivers will read your message, or at least part of it.
The main focus should be on sending the message to the people that really are potentially interested in your product with a personal approach. (I guess people don't like it so much when their cellphone is being used for commercial messaging, so try to keep it as personal as possible)

For myself I have used sms-marketing lots of times for upcoming parties that i was organizing at the time.
Worked out very well. It was one of the best ways to remind people personally about the event some days before.
For this I have always added a personal note as much as possible, so that it doesn't seem too obvious that it is used in mass.
For example in an informal way by saying: "Hey, please don't forget about my party. Promise it will be a huge one. Cya there, venue time etc."

Ofcourse this kind of language will not work for every company :P. But used in a proper way, fitted for your targeted audience, it can be very powerful.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2011 4:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

In the SMS marketing, the main purpose is to reach a larger audience and within time in sales to get a good response. This is only possible through the group messages. So marketers do not type the text again and again for everyone's need to send a message to multiple clients.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2011 5:00 pm
(@Anonymous)

in the future sms marketing gonna be a big bussines

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/10/2011 3:23 pm
(@Anonymous)

Some of the advantages of SMS marketing include brand awareness, increase of customer frequency and loyalty. Please note it is highly recommended that you respect the privacy of people and only use their number if they have opted for it. Otherwise it will work contrary to your goal, and will cause you to lose more customers then you are gaining. Be sure to limit the amount of messages you send to people, and reward your customers for signing up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2011 4:12 pm
(@Anonymous)

Usually the only companies who advertises through SMS messaging are those service providers themselves. People are not really interested in receiving sales SMS as they tend to be suspicious. specially if it is coming from a private number. You can ask providers to make ads for your but I doubt if it is going to give you a good ROI.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2011 9:45 am
(@Anonymous)

SMS messaging is just like e-mailmarketing. it is one of the tool to crate awareness about your product/ services. But it is not very usefull as most of the customer try to ignore it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2011 11:46 am
(@Anonymous)

Hello,
I think it is a very annoying way of marketing. You keep getting these weird sms and trust me it gets in my head because I have millions things to do than to read about washing machines or laptops.
When I wish to buy it, I would so and inquire. Simple

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2011 5:50 am
(@Anonymous)

Yes, I also agree with the fact that SMS messaging can work great as marketing tool. I have been doing sms messaging as for marketing purposes and it has really worked for my business success.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2012 11:32 am
(@Anonymous)

Recent times, SMS marketing becomes a more popular marketing method to reach easily thousands of peoples for describe our products. You can be trying that method with less risk and investment. It is very effective tools for increased brand awareness.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2012 3:54 am
(@Anonymous)

1) Instant Deliverability
2) Flexible Platform
3) Instant Opt-In and Opt-Out
4) High Open Rate
5) High Conversion Rate
6) Reliable
7) Short Messages
8) Cool Factor