Plenty of businesses now realise that taking on board more environmentally friendlier practices positively effects their bottom line - because conserving resources by cutting down on waste saves money!
And it doesn't have to be difficult. Below are 5 simple things your business can do now to immediately to conserve energy and resources, and start saving money.
1. Before considering recycling, first look at how you can reduce your business' energy and resource consumption.
2. Turn off equipment when it is not being used. Start by turning off computers, printers, photocopiers, room lights, etc. overnight. When staff are away from their computer during the day, have them turn the screen off or put the computer into 'sleep' code, rather than use a screen saver.
3. Only print documents when absolutely necessary, print on both sides.
In New Zealand paper use per annum averages equivalent of 14.2 reams/person, and in Christchurch about 80,000 tonnes of waste paper and cardboard are generated every year.
4. Choose office supplies with a recycled content. Switch to 100 percent recycled paper.
5. Mine your office for paper than hasn't been used on both sides. Reuse it for internal printing or for memo/note paper.
Keep sharing and reading
Re: 5 Tips to increase business efficiency,
in my point of view ,Give employees secure, consistent access to information. Create effective business processes with partners.Make it easy to work together. Improve employee satisfaction.Develop a long-term technology plan.
I love the tips shared above by OP and how businesses can improve efficiency by taking care of their resources. Just a wonderful post, but if I were to throw in my 2 cents, I'd say it's highly recommended to invest in some of the latest technologies since they have all proven to save not only time but money. Automation is doing more work today than 100s of people did in years past. In my opinion, technology is changing the game right in front of our very eyes.
There's great need to take care of resources in order to improve efficiency in any business. The one thing if not the MOST important thing why people do business is to maximize profit while minimizing loses. Business efficiency is the first step towards helping you achieve that very thing.
Recycled paper is great stuff. It helps the environment, it's economically responsible and it promotes a green image of the company.
When I worked office we did plenty good with papers that haven't been used on both sides. It's a nice way of saving in office supplies.
One popular way I see people improving business efficiency is through chat bots. These are promising to be very effective in increasing engagement and getting customers concerns addressed quickly. Worth looking into
1. Use automation
2. Use a good task management software
3. Avoid interruptions
4. Stick to the project until completion
5. Outsource where necessary.
Ways to Improve Your Business’s Efficiency
Focus on Customer Communications
Update the Technology You Use
Assess Resource Management
Invest in Employee Training
Hope it helps.