Select Page
Notifications
Clear all

Does business citation still help with ranking

(@Anonymous)

I was just recently trying to check if business citation still plays a role in driving traffic and the findings I got seemed to be rather divided. Some suggested it worked, while others claimed it's already outdated. What do you think about business citation and business listing directories? Are they still relevant in 2019?

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Anonymous
Topic starter Posted : 22/08/2019 6:31 am
(@Anonymous)

Hey I'd say there are still relevant but you have to exercise caution. Not all directories or business citation sites will be good for your website. For example if you run a local business, it's great to list it on Google My Business. Facebook has also proven to be a great resource for listings same for with Bing places etc. Only select big major once have been while for some time.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Anonymous
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2019 10:52 am
(@Anonymous)

Yes, yes it does. For example local citations impact local search engine rankings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2020 10:06 pm
(@Anonymous)

Yes they do, it's still one of the best ways to do rankings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2020 8:04 pm
(@Anonymous)

Once upon a time this used to be the only SEO strategy you needed to drive traffic to your website.  But with the recent major updates things and the competitive nature of online business, thing have slightly changed over the years. It works but you have to make sure the correct structure is employed, duplicates deleted and company info has been updated accordingly.  Last these are the main ones to focus on;

• Yelp
  • Facebook
  • Apple Maps
  • Four Square
  • Superpages
  • YP
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2020 9:44 am
(@Anonymous)

Yes, they are very much relevant in today's time.

Business citations help in getting relevant exposure to your business.

Which helps in getting SE traffic to your website.

But It is a supplementary thing and should bot be treated like a primary motive.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2020 5:38 pm
(@Anonymous)

Thank you everyone for all these amazing ideas. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2020 8:54 am
Share: